"Freedom is not the sole prerogative of a chosen few, but the universal right of all God's children." Ronald Reagan, 1985
Sophie's Grill & Bar
2734 NC-55, Cary, NC
Please join us as we welcome
FACT's Task Force 2.0
Director and Co-founder
Check in begins at 11:00, Meeting begins at 11:30 A.M.
Set price Limited Menu Lunch:
Prepay HERE online
Or Pay at the door
RSVP RWCSW123@gmail.com by Monday, April 3
Mamie Brooks is a retired veteran, serving over 10 years in the Coast Guard and currently residing in Graham, NC with her husband and children. She was inspired by Lt Governor Mark Robinson’s FACTS task force on education in NC and in particular the mechanism to allow the voices of concerned citizens in North Carolina to be heard regarding public K-12 education. She was appalled by the submissions and was disappointed when the original task force ended.
She launched a “boots on the ground” initiative to offer free anonymous reporting, got the green light from our Lt Governor to continue with the name, and expanded beyond Alamance County.
Background on the initial FACTS Task Force:
· To assist in holding local and county-level education officials accountable for what occurs in their schools;
· To provide a safe and secure setting where education professionals can transmit concerns regarding their school without fear of retaliation;
· To provide a central state-wide mechanism for gathering and sharing data related to parent concerns regarding public education, and to provide a mechanism for elevating awareness of concerns so that they can be addressed;
· To provide underrepresented parents and students a voice and an open line of communication with professional educator advocates for student experiences and outcomes;
· To assist concerned parents in navigating the bureaucracy within our public school system.
Desi received a Tribute to Women award at the fall NCFRW meeting in Lexington, NC. Thank you, Desi, for all you do!
Congratulations to our newly elected!
Thank you to everyone who helped in so many ways on the campaign trail!
$45 annually (full membership)
$30 annually (associate membership for men or members of other Federated Clubs)
Why We Are Here!
Here is our Mission Statement.
The Republican Women of Cary and Southwestern Wake
The purpose of the club’s membership shall be to:
1. Increase the effectiveness of women in the cause of good government.
2. Disseminate information to all State Federations and local units. [NFRW]
3. Inform the public through political education and activity.
4. Foster loyalty to the Republican Party at all levels of government.
5. Promote the principles of the Republican Party.
6. Work for Republican candidates in all elections, including nonpartisan elections.
7. Support the objectives and policies of the Republican National Committee.
8. Perform any lawful activity not inconsistent with the foregoing.
The first luncheon of the Republican Women of Cary was held in November 1992. The organization became a member of the North Carolina Federation of Republican Women in 1993.
Membership in the Republican Women of Cary & Southwestern Wake gives you membership in the North Carolina Federation of Republican Women and the National Federation of Republican Women.
Objectives of the Club
The Caring for America initiative allows us to give back to our community. Our club donates items and funds to this worthy cause. Please support VLC!
Please consider donating to VLC's amazing endeavor.
We are collecting gift cards from Lowes and Home Depot for VLC to use for fall gardening. Visit VLC site.
P.O. Box 1593, Cary, NC 27512
Copyright © 2023 Republican Women of Cary & Southwestern Wake - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by GoDaddy